Advanced Python for the Lab book

I’m working myself through the superb “Python For The Lab” book at the moment, which refers now and then to “Advanced Python for the Lab” book. But for some reason I can’t find it on this website.

Does someone have a clue?

Hello!
Thanks for joining the forum. The Advanced PFTL book is in the making (sadly, it has been for too long). So far, you are one of the very few people who asked for it. I’ll keep you posted once it is ready (at least a version good enough to be shared).

2 Likes

Hey!
I just bought the first book. I am very happy with it so far, as it is exactly what I needed to build my own measuring software in terms of how to structure the files, create the package and move up the ladder of abstraction. Currently doing my PhD in solid state physics and want to motivate my lab to move away from LabView, as it’s hard to sustain and update big projects with it.
Thank you for your work! Just want to append myself to the list if people waiting for the next book! :slight_smile:
Cheers!

Welcome to the forum!
I’m glad you are enjoying the book.

I’ll free some time to wrap up the ideas for the advanced book, and will give early access to all who already have the introductory book. I’ll keep you posted!

Hi and thank you for the excellent PFTL book I recently bought. I’ve been working in an Optics Lab and using python scripts to automate jobs there. Your book seems to be “just what the doctor ordered” for my work ahead. My main objective is to take all the programming/interfacing/hardware away from the LAB assistant and give them an easy way to set up tests easily and speedily.

Welcome to the forum!

It’s great to know your plans, and whenever you need help or inspiration don’t hesitate to reach out in here.